We prepare the talent that powers our economy by cultivating strong cross-sector partnerships to help advance equity, expand opportunities, and increase educational attainment.
Shippensburg University and The Giant Company
Frontline Leadership Credentialing Program
Why Partner with the State System Foundation?
- The State System fuels Pennsylvania’s economy as nearly 600,000 alumni live and work in every one of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties
- Over 90,000 students across the State System with 88.2% of our students hailing from PA and 70% of graduates remaining in the state 3 years after graduation launching their career
- State System universities have seen a pronounced increase in enrollments in programs identified as high-need areas, including STEM and healthcare-related programs.
- When combined (STEM-H), these represent the most popular areas of study, accounting for about one-third of the graduates receiving a bachelor’s degree from a State System university. Business, the second most popular field of study, accounts for about one-fourth of those now graduating.
State System Enrollment 2020-2021
Ways to Engage with Us
With over 400,000 students seeking degrees or enrolled in certificate and other career-development programs, affordable, career-relevant post-secondary education is an engine of social mobility and economic development, which is essential to the future of this Commonwealth.
- Building comprehensive pathways focused on emerging career options, student aspirations and the economic growth of business - from scholarship and mentoring to internships and employment
- Cultivating public-private partnerships to create solutions that identify and elevate our student and alumni talent
- Accelerating industry-aligned employee pipelines in high priority occupations in collaboration with system leadership
The State System is committed to providing our students outstanding educational opportunities, both in the classroom and in the real world.
Customizing impactful and relevant talent pipeline programs across multiple stakeholders and industries to meet the growing workforce needs across the Commonwealth
We welcome the opportunity for partners to leverage their expertise and assist in program design. Contact us to discuss customizing a pipeline plan.
Preparing Pennsylvania’s Workforce of the FutURE
The #Prepared4PA aligned competencies and skills needed for successful transitions in the workforce across six identified in-demand industries
class="btn-sm" href="https://www.prepared4pa.org/" style="font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; text-align: right; background-color: #99adde !important;">LEARN MORE
Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellows: attracting talented, committed individuals with backgrounds in the STEM fields—science, technology, engineering, and mathematics—into teaching in high-need secondary schools in Pennsylvania.
More than State System students have participated in the Washington Center’s internship programs since 2002.